Friday, July 17, 2009

Contact info and some pictures

I just realized I should let y’all know my contact info. I have reasonable internet access while I’m at the station, so email and text chatting work pretty well. (Sometimes I get spontaneously disconnected during text chats, but I try to log right back in afterwards.) Voice or video chatting is discouraged because it slows down the connection for everyone else. I’m having a lot of trouble viewing and sending photos, but with patience and good weather I am usually able to send/receive a few small ones.

The internet is only turned on here when we have sufficient power. It’s on almost every night from 5:00ish to 9:30, when it runs off generator power. If we have enough solar power, sometimes it’s on during the day, too. So, look for me online at night before 10:30 Boston time! Or you can always email me. :)

If you are even braver and more patient, you can try snail-mailing me things. I do not actually advise this, since shipping costs are astronomical. But postcards are always great, and if you give me your return address I'll send you one back! After my name, write:

ATTN: Giovanna Linares
Asociación para la Conservación de la Cuenca Amazónica (ACCA)
Jr. Cusco 499,
Puerto Maldonado, Peru

Also! After several days of patient uploads, I managed to get the pictures which Mariluz and Joyce, the little girls at the mosquito net shop, took (and the ones we took of them) uploaded onto a Picasa album so I could send it to them. If y'all would like to see them too, click here! The last 8 photos are Gabe's, so I can't take credit for the really awesome ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment